Tuesday 22 May 2012

Found - Basket... Cases...

I was away for a long weekend this week, so yet again, I was unable to get along to my local charity shops. I was in Norfolk, and on Sunday we visited The Granary in Snettisham. The Granary has a coffee shop and gifts for sale downstairs, but I was interested in the antiques and collectables upstairs. There is an odd assortment of wares with the space being rented out to various sellers, but I found a few pieces, mostly to be used as wedding props. The first was a book, to add to the growing collection of old books. It was only 50p. I'll be taking the cover off, but maybe I could frame it, I do quite like old book cover illustrations. Then we found a frame, that isn't for the wedding, we just thought it was quite nice for a couple of pounds. Then followed three wicker baskets. I'm after fairly small rectangular baskets, that we are hoping to use for a sweet bar when we get married. Finally, we picked up two small, old battered suitcases. They have seen better days, but we want them to put the wedding cards in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment