Tuesday 3 May 2011

Hello 30s - Day 204 - 219

A whopper of a Hello 30s update folks! The bank holidays have really thrown me all out of routine, and I don't know where the days have gone... well I know one of them went down the pub ;)

Day 204:
The man in action! Boyfriend does love a good barbecue, and doesn't need much of excuse. The excuse on this occasion, was that the sun was out. He did make some mean kebabs though, with onion, pepper, haloumi, and chilli and lime marinated chicken :)

Day 205:
New clothes! Boyfriend took me shopping (yes he really is rather awesome), I came back with a top, a cardigan, some sandles, trousers, and two skirts. A lot of people know that I don't usually where skirts, I think it is boyfriend's way, of trying to make me into, a bit more of a lady :)

Day 206:
Now I know it isn't healthy, classy, big or clever, but I really did enjoy my lunch, of chinese take away leftovers. Usually I have soup, every day, so this was a real treat.

Day 207:
Work in progress. You may recall I was making a card for my mum, to give to her twin, well she didn't like it, so it was back to the drawing board. I opted for something a little less experimental this time round.

Day 208:
I won! A little ad in the next issue of the the online crafting magazine - creative crafting. It is always nice to win something :)

Day 209:
I imagine that you are starting to notice a lot of cakes on here. The general rule of thumb, is that I bake, when I am going to stay somewhere. Boyfriend requested coffee and walnut cupcakes, for our visit over to his parents.

We have been over to Boyfriend's parents for various occasions recently, birthdays, and anniversaries. On this occasion it was to meet the new puppy I mentioned last post. Meet Bess, she is sooo fluffy! This was actually a calm, sleepy moment, after she had been worn out over a bit of flamingo tug-o'-war. It wasn't a real flamingo - don't worry.

Day 210:
Saturday morning in Diss. While Morag (the car) was in for an MOT, Boyfriend and I went for a lovely, sunny, walk through Diss. We stopped on a bench to look at the view, and to drink our milkshakes, topped with cream and marshmallows.

Back at Boyfriend's parent's house. They have a duck, that has been nesting in their compost. Ducklings have now hatched, and they happily waddle around the garden, between the compost, the pond, and the bird tables. I love the stragglers, they suddenly have to make a dash for it, in order to catch up with mum.

Day 211:
It is that fluffy puppy again. How cute is that face? This was a brief pause in between dashing around the garden, trying to eat anything in sight, and digging holes :)

Day 212:
Pimm's o'clock! Bank holiday Monday. A lovely 6 hour pub lunch, in great company :)

Day 213:
Cheat photo! I took this the other week, after I had finished it, but couldn't put it in here until after my Sister's birthday. I actually have a lot of photos of cards hanging around, that I have had to keep hidden, until they have been received, it can make a 'photo a day' challenge very... well... challenging.

Day 214:
Bye BMW. Boyfriend's poor car has gone to the scrapyard in the sky :( Cursed by it's electronics, it is a real shame, as it was a lovely car. I remember the first time my boyfriend came to pick me up, I hadn't known any guys before, that had, had a big estate car, I thought he was a real grown up :D

Day 215:
More cake!!! This time we were going to visit my family. I thought the kids might appreciate chocolate stars.

Day 216:
A very chilled out Friday. I watched the whole of the Royal Wedding, I'm not a Royalist, but I do like a bit of history in the making. It was a bit long, and a bit dull, but I thought Kate looked lovely. I also went round my parent's house taking snaps of all the rooms. As you may have read previously, they are moving house, and this might have been the last time that, I set foot in the home where I grew up. These are the family photos above the stairs.

Day 217:
Saturday saw us out for a family meal, celebrating my Dad's retirement. As you can see Boyfriend is very popular with the ladies.

We also gave Dad a laptop. He hasn't had a computer before, so it is going to take a while to get used to his new toy - Mum isn't going to get any of those jobs done now :D

Day 218:
Sunday morning, and we were about to leave for home. Farewell to the street where I grew up. Bye to the grassy island, outside the front of the house, where I used the watch the hedgehog, and fox, cross over at night, and where I used to watch the boys play football in the day.

Day 219:
Boyfriend knocking up some more yummo food. We had spent another bank holiday Monday in Guildford, having a little bit of a shop. We had then driven around, scouting out different areas, that we might want to move to. Later, while I was upstairs buying exciting things, for my jewellery making, Boyfriend was putting together a real treat, meat, cheese, bread, wine, and everything, there were even candles. Did I mention how awesome he is ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment