Thursday 12 May 2011

Hello 30s - Day 220 - 229

Day 220:We have just been given this plant by my sister, I am not the most green fingered person in the world, so I am trying to keep it alive. I'm not sure what it is, some kind of pepper, or chilli... or something :)

Day 221:
Presents for my friend. They are late, I was never going to get them to her on time because of all the bank holidays, but now I am looking for a box to post them in, so they can travel to Germany. She will get them at some point - promise!

Day 222:
I voted! I was shocked at the amount of people that didn't, I think it is a bit sad, I was really excited for some reason.

Day 223:
Not a good day. I haven't been to the dentist in ages, silly really, but being on a tighter budget, means it is easy to put off, and before you know it, time has flown by. Needless to say, I shall be returning next week :(

Day 224:
As part of my friend's 30th birthday present, 3 of us went to the Athenaeum Hotel in London, for a late afternoon tea. We had a wonderful time, it was elegant enough to make us feel special, but not so stuffy, or pretentious, that we felt uncomfortable. We had opted for the 'Honey Tea' menu. This kicked off with a glass of Honey Fizz, and quite honestly, I think I would be a better person, if I was allowed to have one of these, once a day - or even one a week, it was delicious.

Rolls and sandwiches to accompany the Honey Fizz. We had goats cheese and caramalised onion, and honey roast ham.

We were then able to choose our tea tipple of choice. I opted for Niagara Peach, and it was lovely. I think I had about 4 cups in the end.

A selection of sandwiches also accompanied the tea. This was the second round, that there, is pesto bread on the end, not a mouldy sandwich ;) It was delicious!

Now if we weren't starting to get full already, then came crumpets and scones. The scones came in plain, and orange blossom, and were served with jam, a lemon curd, and clotted cream. You will have to forgive me for that half eaten crumpet in the photo, it didn't go to waste, it was merely momentarily placed there for the photo - we were being gobbling little piglets, and had forgotten to take the photo when they had arrived :)

Dessert! How wonderful does that look? A selection of yummy goodness for us to share. It looked amazing, but were beginning to worry how we would get through it - but we did, apart from one piece of honey cake. By the way, those little glasses had elderflower jelly in them, and they were particularly gorgeous!

Finally, Gayle was presented with a piece of birthday cake, which we were not expecting at all. Funnily enough, when the waiter brought it over, and asked whose birthday it was, we were confused for a second, seems Gayle's actual birthday was back in March, we looked at each other blank, before it dawned on us. There was no room left for birthday cake, so we took that, and the last piece of honey cake, back with us, for our other halves to try.
We did have a great time, but if anyone decides to book, we suggest you opt for the last sitting at 5.30pm, the sittings before, are only two hours long, and I don't see how anyone can get through that much food, in that time, without seriously rushing. We had a nice, relaxing and generous, three hours to indulge.

Day 225:
Check out my photography skills :D I can hold a camera, honestly, it is just the patio window was in the way, I couldn't get in front. This is my 'new, but not so new', cute little condiment set :) Sierra, by Palissy, it is so retro, I love the colours, it has inspired me, I fancy making some beads based on it.

Day 226:
This was on my walk back from town. I see them around every year, I love their wonderful purple flowers, but have no idea what plant it is (I told you my fingers aren't so green), feel free to inform me. :)

Day 227:
I have been working on a few brooches. I'm thinking I might do a giveaway at some point, and maybe include this little item.

Day 228:
Having had a few supplies arrive, I've been itching to get making, and am trying out lots of different combinations of beads.

Day 229:
Chaos continues. Lots of beads, but I am now waiting for more wire, so frustrating! I also need ear hooks - I completely forgot to order those - whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment