Thursday 3 February 2011

Hello 30s - Day 117 - 130

Day 117:Before all my things got hidden away, because of decorating chaos, I was experimenting with polymer, I would quite like to get back to it, when I have some space to work again.

Day 118:
We spent a lovely evening with Rob's brother and sister-in-law. We met at the Sir Roger Tichborne, and had a lovely meal and a catch-up. I just love these biscuits that arrive with coffee, I ended up with 2 and I don't even drink coffee :)

Day 119:
While clearing out the spare room, I came across my old polaroid i-zone camera, that took photos, and spat them out instantly as stickers. It was quite exciting, but unfortunately, even though the camera worked, the films were now laughably out of date, and they don't create them anymore. Boo!

Day 120:
The Spare Room, emptied and ready for decorating! The problem with decorating in our house, especially with this room, is that our house is very small, and this room stores a lot of things. When it is emptied like this, the rest of the house is literally destroyed, no room has escaped some kind of bag, basket, pile of books, or pile of boxes. Even the bathroom has a basket of toys, an A0 folder full of paper, and a shelf, and our bathroom is so diddy, it doesn't even have a window!

Day 121:
I have been buying something rather lovely, and super cute, but I can't say what yet, as it is a gift :) However it arrived from a very lovely Folksy seller, called Katie, wrapped up all pretty, and I was very pleased - I'll show it at a later date :)

Day 122:
My new business cards arrived from Moo which was very exciting, I am very pleased with them, which is just as well seems I have 200 :)

Day 123:
This was my other awesome present from my friend Rachel (the one who created the awesome Pegasus print). It is a cake stand from the V&A. I wanted to wait until I had some lovely pretty cakes to put on it, and when I could put it on a nice table cloth, not surrounded buy loads of wires and piles of stuff ...


... I am impatient though, so I whipped up some oat cookies, just so I could use it :)

Day 124:
Wall painted, skirting boards, and doorways painted, this was door number one!

Day 125:
I thought my huge, rather epic lunch, was rather colourful.

Day 126:
I have been doodling a few things recently, hearts and stars in this case.

Day 127:
Sunday night and Rob decided to make Foccaccia, unfortunately something went wrong, and it didn't rise, so it was somewhat heavy. However it was still packed with flavour, and went down very nicely with some olive oil, and balsamic vinegar, and our bolognase.

Day 128:
It was from one of those moments, when I wish I had, had my camera, but I didn't, so had to make a sketch as soon as I got home. I had been walking into town, when I was confronted with what looked a bit like some kind of domesticated dalek. What this actually was, was a tartan shopping trolley loaded up, with boxes on top. The alarming part had been, that at first it appeared to be moving independently. It was only as I got a bit closer that the face of a little old lady, peered out round the side, and beneath an overhanging box. She was so so tiny too, well below 5ft, I don't know how she was managing it?? It made my day.

Day 129:
I haven't used my watercolours in a while, but I have been making both birthday, and valentines cards for Rob.

Day 130:
My second hand books arrived this week, and a biography of Beatrix Potter was one of them. I have finished it already. I became interested after watching Miss Potter over christmas. I found it quite charming, but was curious as too how much was true, and how much was altered for film drama. It was a really interesting read, and I think she sounded like a fascinating lady, and it left me feeling quite inspired.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been busy! I loved the Miss Potter film too, when I was little my parents took me to see her house. We ended up meeting a little old lady who knew Beatrix, she gave us cake and told us tales (sounded like Beatrix was rather scary at times lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrh, that sounds lovely! I love the fact that she appears to have grown into a strong, formidable woman, not to be messed with. I hope I become more like that as I get older :)

    ReplyDelete