Wednesday 21 September 2011

Hello 30s - Day 313 - 330

Day 313:


A pretty little tin of vintage style stamps. These little pretties belong to the lovely Anna. She let me borrow them, so I was able to start experimenting more with texture, in polymer clay, rather than just making canes. 


Day 314:


I started off using the stamps, on a small handful of pieces of Cernit, and quickly became addicted.


Day 315:

These are the baked Cernit pieces, inked up, and drying.


Day 316:


We finally framed the paintings of the chickens. I haven't actually framed any of my work before, so there was a lot of traveling, to and from, Hobbycraft, taking measurements, buying one mount, to check it was the right size, going back for a second, then getting frames to match. I am really pleased though, everything looks so much better in a frame, I hadn't realised. It means that I am now itching to frame everything in sight!


Day 317:


The Cernit pieces finally sanded, and lightly glossed, just enough to give them a slight sheen. I love the rustic look that they have, completely the opposite to my cane work, but probably much more suited to me - yes I am that scruffy little urchin sitting at the back!


Day 318:


So pleased was I, with those initial pieces, that I just had to make more! I was feeling really inspired, so rather than just use the stamps, I decided to make some beads, and doodle on them freehand. 


Day 319:

The finished polymer pieces from day 318. I only have brown, red and green inks at the moment, but I think they look so effective! 


Day 320:


Putting together another zombie cat illustration. Weirdly, I find it so much easier to create an image from lots of pieces, rather than creating it all in one go. 


Day 321:


Taking a photo of the final illustration, to promote it being in my Society6 shop, on my blog. 


Day 322:


Introducing my little vintage button stash. I bought these when we were chicken sitting, in Suffolk. A small cup full, for a £1, which I think is the cheapest deal I have found yet. It was only a small cup, but unlike a lot of places, where I have seen buttons pre-selected in bags, I was able to rummage, and choose the ones that I liked :)


Day 323:

My boyfriend apologises for the state of the plate, he hadn't realised that I intended to show it off. The important thing to realise here, is that is tastes amazing! Spanish chicken with chorizo, and fried potatoes! We shall not talk about how unhealthy it is, ssshhhh! 


Day 324:

Boyfriend and I, drove down to the New Forest for the day. We got up quite early (for us), and were convinced we should go home by 4pm, because it felt like it should have been about 7pm. We had great weather, and stopped first in Lyndhurst, for a spot of brunch, then went on to Burley. Not only did we go for a walk, but we also visited the New Forest Cider shop, (and bought a ridiculous amount of cider), and the Burley Fudge shop. 


Day 325:


I was supposed to be going to a UK handmade meet up, but I was in bed, feeling rough and sulking... as you do. Anyway, as I rolled over in a huff, the sun was coming in through the window, and running through my glass, and it caught my eye. It wasn't anything exciting, but for a split second, rather than feeling sorry for myself, I thought 'huh, that's cool'. 


Day 326:

Playing with threads... that is all. 


Day 327:


I had been having a bit of a clear out, and decided to get rid of a whole stash of old magazines. I wondered if there was anything creative that I could do with them, so I began rolling. 


Day 328:

... and rolling. This is bunch of pages, with glued cocktail sticks, in the corners, drying. Oh and just so you know, at the point of writing this, I still haven't made anything with them. 


Day 329:


Look how big the basil has grown. I'm a proud mamma, I'm not great with plants, but the basil just keeps going. 


Day 330:


Spiced roasted chickpeas. I decided to make these after seeing a recipe on Pinterest. It seemed like a good idea, for a healthy snack, especially as we had a tin gathering dust in the cupboard. They were pretty tasty. There is also a sweet version that I want to try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment