Wednesday 11 September 2013

Beards, Hair & Invitations

The nights are drawing in, I'm wearing a jumper, the living room is full of boxes and I'm soooo excited, it can mean only one thing... Christmas!!! No, wait, talking about Christmas in September is early even by my standards, I haven't even had my birthday yet. It appears however, that preparing for an autumn wedding brings out similar emotions, as well as a similarly cluttered living room. There are just over 4 weeks to go before I'm a Mrs. and things suddenly feel like the are gathering momentum. 
Little dress up beards have been printed, stuck on card, cut out and put on sticks. 
Invitations have been printed, cut out, divided into piles and sent out. In fact all the RSVPs are also back. 
All flowers have been made, all the ball arrangements are completed. My mum and auntie have already put dibs on a ball each. 
 Our ring box has arrived. (We aren't doctors, those are just our initials silly!)
A wonderful hair and make-up trial with the lovely Fenella St John has been and gone (don't worry, hair and make-up isn't a surprise, Fubby was there with me as he was the one that drove me to Ipswich. It also meant that I was able to keep my pretty hair and make-up all day, even if it did mean I was a little overdressed for KFC). 
 
Frames for dress up photos have been painted (rather roughly, but it doesn't really matter). 
 LED candles arrived and are now all in jars ready to go! 
I'm starting to think about stationery for the actual day. Lots of things are ready on the computer, but I wanted to print out some rough place cards to make sure they sat in the bits of tree okay. They do! 
I also printed out some rough hot chocolate instructions for our favours so I could have a play and practice at punching holes and adding eyelets. The real ones will be happening this weekend.

So what's next? Lots, we have sweets arriving, we will be ordering pumpkins, I need to create table plans and make bookmarks, as well as lots of other things! I'll keep you posted! :)

11 comments:

  1. How exciting for you that the day is drawing near. I love the fact that you have shared bits and pieces along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, it's nice that people want to see what has been happening :) It'll be nice to look back on it after too :)

      Delete
  2. So very exciting and everything is looking just fab! Well done you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks AMAZING \\(^O^)// you're so talented and have out in so much hard work! Not long now...you must be so excited!! Anna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Yes, just a little excited, it really does feel like Christmas! :)

      Delete
  4. It all looks amazing Dawn - and you are so well prepared! And your hair looks gorgeous. Enjoy the rest of the preparations :-)..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooowww! So exciting and so much gorgeous preparation!! Especially love the beards...they are fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, what a beautifully themed Autumn wedding! I LOVE the floral arrangements, colours, everything! Also, PUMPKINS!!!! Just brilliant X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Epic. Love those invites and the place holders. Seriously drooling here :)

    When's the big day?

    ReplyDelete